Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Mail time

Got two packages today,

one being my LEDS for dash

other being my VTEC gasket

I'll get the LEDs in today, maybe even the gasket. I'll get pics or/video up tonight

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need to find two amber 74 bulbs. the cluster i got came with all but two and they are halogen so i need halogen to match. ugh i cant find them lol

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like your build thread, one of the most completes I have ever seen, I wish I have all the time and experience to do all that work by myself

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got 1 of my bulbs in as well, bought extras for my tag lights so 1 light is in the dash, waiting on the #74 bulbs to come in & I found out my CEL was missing so I pulled the one out of my trunk open & put it in, ran the car for 10 minutes & it didn't come on except when I first turn the key, I'll know more when I drive it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol that could of been bad. good thing you dont have any CELs

emerican

Registered VIP
Good thing you dont have any CELs man. That would have made me mad as hell if i replaced the bulb and found out the car was throwing codes.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
well I got all my gauge lights in but the one I thought the bulb was burn out on, I think its actually the socket itself. The bulbs didn't fit in it correctly so must be busted inside . So now I'm waiting to get another socket

so my birthday is coming up and my parents are asking me what I want, of course I want stuff for my civic but I can't decide yet

my mom usually gives me like $100 or so
dad usually gives me like $150

but this year they wanna buy me stuff so they asked me to pick out some things I want,

I don't want to ask them for lame stuff like my royal purple oil and filter lol but I know I want a shift light, I just can't think of what else to ask for

thinking of asking my dad for new battery & plug wires

any ideas?

my grandma will give me like $50 so that can go to oil lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Has it had a full tune up done yet.
If not you could ask for ngk plug wires, cap and rotor button, fuel filter etc. I can never think of what to tell people when they say they will get me car stuff i usally just ask for a gift card to summit or parts store. As in my experience they usally dont get me things that i would want. Except my girlfriend, but she ok;s the parts before she buys it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just show them what to get. steering wheel, tow hooks, inline fuel filter(replaces fuel filter as bonus), lugs, whatever. there are a lot of choices lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup. show them, i even send the exact link. Then you know they cant screw it up

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup. i even sometimes go as far as the link goes to checkout lol

emerican

Registered VIP
lol Thats what i was going to say just go ahead and put it in the checkout and everything so they cant even look around lol.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup. i even sometimes go as far as the link goes to checkout lol
lol Thats what i was going to say just go ahead and put it in the checkout and everything so they cant even look around lol.
Took the words right out of my mouth, I do that for my mom at christmas, my wife & I make Amazon wish lists & email the link to each other & pick stuff we want to buy, she always says there is too much on my list, lol!

emerican

Registered VIP
lol it just gives her alot to pick from, but its all stuff you want not her having an entire site of stuff to look through lol.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
haha.. actually I pick out what I want and they give me their credit card numbers and I buy it and send it to their houses and then they wrap them.... kinda fruity but I always get what I wanted lol

I got 60% of the back panels painted black and installed, butt I ran out of paint of course lol so gotta go get more this week. then I will finish the 3 bottom pieces and the back door panels and be good to go. then once everything is installed I'll go through and paint over my scratches from installing lol I wasn't as careful this time putting things back as I was with the front cause I knew I could fix the scratches afterwards with a paint brush.

it's so hard to pick out what I want! all the tune up stuff I can buy on my own.. my parents want to buy me other things that are cool and not so boring

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah i feel ya the tune up stuff would be kinds boring. Cant wait to see the pics on the interior when you get done with all of it.