Soon2bsick Vtec

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wonder if its all the same under the wheel as a 99-00 cause this guy found an easy way to go about hooking up the horn:

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/7-diys-tech-chat/298715-complete-diy-write-up-aftermarket-steering-wheel-installation.html

did you put a resistor on the SRS clip?
Nope, just unplugged it or i took out the bulb. i cant remember. as long as there is no light showing your fine really. But lol i started to read that then stopped. lookedl ike to much work.

actually now that i read it, he is pretty much doing the same exact thing lol good thing i saved the metal piece

Last edited:

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Nope, just unplugged it or i took out the bulb. i cant remember. as long as there is no light showing your fine really. But lol i started to read that then stopped. lookedl ike to much work.

actually now that i read it, he is pretty much doing the same exact thing lol good thing i saved the metal piece

lol ok, yeah the whole cruise control crap looks like more than I even care to mess with

wasn't sure if not disabling it with the pin would mess with the ecu or something. I also noticed in that link he used a resistor wire to pin the srs plug but everyone else just used a stinkin paper clip so idk I think I will try to do it Wednesday

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt even read that part. if a paper clip stuck in fixed the srs problem, then i may do it. but pulling the plug worked for me lol

emerican

Registered VIP
i wouldnt mess with the cruise control bs, but the horn dosent seem to be that hard.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
i Have no idea what movie that is lol
haha its about street racing, they started filming right after fast and furious came out and continued for 6 years, it depicts the dangers and realization of how cali will not build tracks for kids to race at but complain about street racing. Its pretty eye opening

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha its about street racing, they started filming right after fast and furious came out and continued for 6 years, it depicts the dangers and realization of how cali will not build tracks for kids to race at but complain about street racing. Its pretty eye opening
I have not seen it but have heard of it, can you make a copy for me, netflix says it does not have it like it hasn't been released yet, I do have the 1320 street video coming though, not the same as the movie.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i tried that write up you found, it doesnt work on a 97 dx lol it shows the power part, but not how to ground it

emerican

Registered VIP
i got mine off a hacked unlocked version of the morpehous (spelled wrong} download program that i hacked and use.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I kept finding virus's as well, and seeing how I just upgraded all the computers to windows 7 ultimate I didn't feel like dealing with the computer lol

soo the truck is going up for sale next week, I'm waiting on a door handle so I can repair that before throwing it up on craigslist

I'm trying to come up with a list of what to buy, I'll have about $1200 to play with on the car

Don't want to get rims yet cause new rims = new tires and these tires are pretty new

I would like a different suspension set up but at the moment I'm being cheap and don't want to drop $600-$700

I know I am getting the windows tinted so that will be at least $150

I've been throwing around rebuilding the motor, but idk if I'm going to have enough cash to do everything I want to

I basically want to start building the motor up for the next year or so, and have it ready to go turbo by next year

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
So here is what I have come up with so far to buy with some of the truck money I get,

I'm looking at the tein high tech lowering springs,
They claim 1.3 front and 1.1 rear drop so a mild drop
I need to figure out how much of a drop I have right now to see if there will even be a difference,
anyone know how I can do that?

I need tint, battery, and theres something up with my front speakers, they sound super low so they're either crappy or not hooked up right.

To start my engine build up I was thinking of this:

Vitara Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACL bearings
ARP head bolts
all new gaskets/various rebuild items

would like to do camshaft while I'm at it but I don't think I want to drop that money until I get a steady income

Ive been reading all day on d series builds, I was doing good until it got into the computer part of it and then I was just kind of lost :wtfsign:

so that I will need to read some more on

but I figure if I'll have the money, and I plan to rebuild anyways, and I'd like to go turbo at some point even if its a year from now... might be a good idea

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
ahh the Tein series. well for starters they aren't much of a drop, just for someone who wants a little better handling and a little more aggressive stance. If i were you, i would spend the $$ on a better suspension so you can be done with it and not have to keep upgrading and spending money. With that said get some full coilovers lol. Tint and battery should cost you around 200 or so, leaving a grand to play with, without buying coilovers. You can do those 2 and coilovers and have a couple hundo left over.. Is there anything wrong with your motor? imo, id wait to build the D until you for sure know you are gonna boost it, just save some $ for the time being. Oh and paint the damn thing man! :lol:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldnt buy those springs, you wont be happy with them. it will be about an inch drop, which may seem like a good amount. but you wont even notice it once they are on. Atleast get s techs and even then its hard to tell if the car is lowered sometimes. You could put a weight in the front and rear and get the same drop. lol

I agree with getting it painted, finish one project at a time first and if you did all the body work your most of the way there

Last edited:

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I'm more so making a list of things to buy,

I already have my paint so theres nothing else to buy for that.

theres nothing wrong with my motor other than its getting close to 200k miles and I figure that would be a smart time to rebuild

my friend rebuilt his d series at 197k and now has 417 on it lol

as for the springs, I just want something that is less of a crappy ride. There is so much bounce in these springs that having even stock ones would be10x better handling.

how would I find out how much drop I have?