Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I don't know exactly, after looking around at other stock ones I'm thinking 2.5", I scrape in my drive way all the time and it's not that steep

so I finally ordered my new front speakers, then I ordered another audiobahn amp to run them on and all the new wiring and pieces I needed to add to it. My UV dome light bulb came in, and so did my internal threaded lugs

I also decided to go ahead and order a new AEM Dry Flow filter,

I'm still out of town, if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it,

I need to get to the back of my stereo (its aftermarket not the stock one) does that just pull out or does the whole bezel (with ac and all that) have to come off?

thanks guys

soon2bsick

Registered VIP

• [*]Vision Lug Nuts
    [*]Off Brand Tow Hook
    [*]Pswrd JDM Shift Knob
    [*]Black Carbon Shift Boot
    [*]Black Carbon Console Cover

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
lol well I just got home from a 3 week trip so I'm a little too tired to start working on it, but for the next week I am doing nothing but working on my car.

I have to

install side skirts
install springs
get a new battery
change motor oil
change tranny oil
remove window tint
paint car
paint rims

install console cover
install shift boot cover
put my console back together

manual wire my radar detector
install front speakers
install two amplifiers
install subwoofer

heres some of my stuff that came in today

pulled the speakers out of the front of the car and someone did a terrible wiring job, they added a 3 inch piece of speaker wire to the stock wire *held on by duct tape* then they put a 10ft piece of home audio wire to that and just tied it up and stuffed it in the door, however they didn't tape that at all. Not sure what people are thinking

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
damn if i lived closer to you id love to come help hah definately jealous of all that stuff, i love getting tons of new stuff to put on the car.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
haha that would be sweet, so much work to be done. I am more jealous of you guys, You have cars that are on the road and mine has been sitting for months waiting to be finished

I got started today by removing two of the windows tint, I called the shop and they quoted me $40 for the back window to remove the tint so poo on that I'll just...somehow do it myself.

Got the rest of my wiring in today,
Here is all of it:

The red 4 gauge wire will not be installed, it's stuff I had left over.

so to install my 2 amplifiers I got:

1x (18ft) 4 gauge silver power wire
1x (4ft) 4 gauge blue power wire
2x (3ft) 4 gauge black ground wires
2x (16ft) RCA Cables
1x (17ft) Remote On Blue Wire
1x Distribution Block (Containing 30Amp fuse, and 60Amp fuse)
1x 80AMP Fuse & Holder
Misc connectors
(All Purchased from KnuKnoceptz.com)

I also bought 20ft of speaker wire but I don't believe it will be enough, might have to pick up some more.

also did a little of thisness.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
yes it is, there was nothing wrong with mine... except for the fact that when I asked my dad to buy me fabric paint he got me an off brand kind instead of the duplicolor I had been using, well the off brand kind turned the fabric into sand paper pretty much so it had to go so I just threw this cover over it. Also got a matching shift boot

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah I really like how small it is, I normally have big sub boxes that take up too much room so its nice to have a little compact one.

does anyone know if I need any type of board or anything to mount my amp to the back of the seat?
I used a quarter in. plywood to mount my amp to the back of the seat, painted it flat black, mounted to the back side of the seat & mounted the amp to the wood, I cut my board to have a 1/2 in extra & I mounted it center on the board. If you mount it to the seat without a board the screws may add an unneeded ground & cause a buzzing noise in your sub.

yes it is, there was nothing wrong with mine... except for the fact that when I asked my dad to buy me fabric paint he got me an off brand kind instead of the duplicolor I had been using, well the off brand kind turned the fabric into sand paper pretty much so it had to go so I just threw this cover over it. Also got a matching shift boot
Mine was super dirty, took it off & washed it by hand in the sink with dawn & it was like new again, love that custom cover though, might need to change it up & get one like that, got a link for it?

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
sure do (posting it at bottom)

I was going to buy one from redline goods but by the time I did it how I wanted it, it was going to be over $60 and I didn't feel like dropping that much dough on such a small lid. So I settled for this ebay seller, he has them in silver carbon fiber, black suede and black carbon fiber (the one I have) $25 shipped. You're supposed to use spray adhesive but I didn't have any so I just did it with hot glue

http://stores.ebay.com/Daddys-Car-Accessories/Honda-Civic-1996-2000-/_i.html?_fsub=1437086012&_sid=514146882&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I bought my shift boot from this guy Jason, He can do multiple carbon fiber colors and it's $20 shipped. I went with him instead of the guy I bought the console cover from because Jason made my boot shorter for me since I have the short shifter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390273552071&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_1325wt_939

I went to work on the other two side windows, but it's just too dang hot so I quit early. I need to locate a heat gun so I can work on it in the shop. I'm going today to get my battery and some other things, think we might be starting on the springs tomorrow and/or side skirts

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
GOT A NEW BATTERYYY

lol

and positive side terminal, the stock one is puny.

also bought primer, wire butt connectors, screws/bolts, electrical tape, goof off and some paint. Back to work on it tomorrow, might wait until later in the evening so it's not so bloody hot.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
LOL, you said butt connectors. =)
hahahhaha

well my hands smell like goof off & goo gone, broke out the new razer blades and the tint is coming off 10x easier even with the windows not hot. Got the main tint off the side windows and got the rear window half done, Then I'll go back over them again to get the extra glue off. I went on my tinters website to pay him through paypal and I noticed they had a memorial day sale link (even though it was 4 days later) and it was $115 instead of $150 for the 4 windows and rear so I called him up and asked if that was still going on and he said no his website guy was supposed to take it down after memorial day but that I could jump on it, so saved myself $35 :D.

THE MESS:

Sooo while I was scraping the windows my dad decided to pull the wheel off the front to see what a chore changing the springs were gonna be, and "seeing" turned into "doing" and now he has both front springs off but we gotta go get a spring compressor tomorrow so we can get the new ones on.

anddd come to find out the springs that are on it are these ones

http://www.amazon.com/Neuspeed-55-20-74-Race-Springs/dp/B000KEE9LM

They lower 2.25 (F) 2.0 (R)
They're a little scuffed and dirty of course but look in good shape, once I get the back two off I'll probably clean them up and throw them on the classifieds, someone might want them.

it's pretty exciting to finally get things moving, hoping to have springs done by tomorrow or Tuesday

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
some good and bad news,

starting with the bad.

The front speakers are NOT 6.5", I should have waited and measured when I got home but I got 10 different sites telling me they were in fact 6.5 including crutchfield and come to find out they are 6"! So I ordered my new ones, now I'm deciding whether to return these and eat the restocking fee and shipping or try to sell them

Good NEWS

remember that wire that everyonneee hounded me about? the amplifier power wire? It's gone as I think I stated in a previous post and my new one is SAFELY ran. I bought this $6 + shipping water tight plug and was going to drill a hole in the firewall and then after removing the battery holder and stuff I found the spot I could stab into (computer wiring) and just slide it in

18ft of pure beauty. Should of gone 1 gauge...but meh 4 will do. Better than 8 thats for sure.

Not sure what all will get done tomorrow as my dad has a VA appointment and we still need to get the spring compressor

I was pretty aggravated about those darn speakers but with how well/easy everything else has been going I really don't think I have a right to complain.

emerican

Registered VIP
very good updates man and that does suck about the speakers, but not many people would have checked with that many sources saying 6.5